Improve water quality & treatment performance with natural mineral products.
Surface & Ground Water
The pH of naturally soft water tends to be slightly acidic. This means taste is impaired, and the water is corrosive to production and distribution facilities. The lack of buffering capacity can result in drastic pH changes, and more coagulants are needed in the water treatment process.
Mineralization of Soft Water
Post-Treatment of Desalinated and Purified Water
Omyaqua®, is a drinking water approved (DIN EN-1018 or NSF-60) high purity Calcium Carbonate available as both a micronized and granular product.
Omyaqua® is used in following processes to stabilize the water as required to avoid corrosion of the distribution network and to provide drinking water quality as required by regulation:
- Mineralization (decarbonization) of soft (low alkalinity) ground or surface water in traditional drinking water treatment processes
- Desalinated water Post-Treatment (Remineralization/Stabilization)
- Post-Treatment in Advanced Water Purification (AWP) such as direct (DPR) or indirect (IPR) potable reuse processes.
- Omya Advanced Remineralization process (OARP)
Here a high purity Omyaqua® micronized Calcium Carbonate is used to provide superior remineralization performance and unsurpassed final water quality.
- High performance & High-quality Calcium Carbonate
- DIN EN-1018 & NSF-60 Drinking water approved
- Omya Process Design & Technical support
- Broad product range
- Flexible packaging in bulk, big bags and bags
- Global presence & local availability
To benefit from the technical and economic advantages of Calcium Carbonate over lime or chemical dosing, Omya has developed the Omya Advanced Remineralization Processes” (OARP) utilizing Omyaqua® micronized Calcium Carbonate at its core which his EN-1018 and NSF-60 drinking water approved.
Omya Advanced Remineralization Process (OARP)
Post-Treatment of Desalinated and Purified Water (Water Reuse)
Permeate produced from desalination processes is lacking in mineral content and is of a low alkalinity. As a result, it is extremely corrosive to water distribution infrastructure and can be detrimental to human health. Remineralization or stabilization is therefore a necessary step in desalination to achieve a buffered and stable final water quality.
Omya has developed the Omya Advanced Remineralization Process (OARP) for the post-treatment/remineralization of desalinated sea or brackish water. OARP is used as well in advanced water reuse systems which include desalination processes such as in Indirect (IPR) or Direct (DPR) Potable Reuse systems.
- Retrofit or upgrade of existing desalination plant post-treatment originally equipped with lime or chemicals dosing. Reduce operating cost and provide a more stable water quality.
- Water Reuse, advanced purified water reuse systems (Direct or Indirect Potable Reuse). Reduce operating cost and environmental footprint. Allows maximum flexibility in operation along with pristine water quality and lowest turbidity guaranteed.
- Greenfield desalination and water reuse systems. Reduce investment and operating cost as well as provide for a stable, pristine water quality.
OARP Process Benefits:
- Premium quality water
- Cost optimized design
- Modular & flexible operation
- Zero product & backwash waste
- Drinking water approved
At its core OARP is using Omyaqua®, high-quality micronized Calcium Carbonate which offers many benefits over lime dosing including reduced cost, improved product handling and storage as well as advantages in operation & maintenance.
|LOCALLY PRODUCED PRODUCTS||OMYA IMPORTED PRODUCTS|
|Kulubrite 5, Kulubrite 10, Kulubrite 15, Kulubrite 45.||Omyadrill|
|Kulu 15, Kulu 40, kulu 200C||Neutrasorb|